A CHL in Texas will require you to meet certain requirements. Eligibility will be based on your past and many factors.
* Here are some of the top eligibility requirements. There are many more, but here is just a sample.
* You must be a legal resident of this state for the six-month period preceding the date
of application under this subchapter or is otherwise eligible for a license.
* You need to be at least 21 years old.
* No felony on your record.
* Not charged with the commission of a Class A or Class B misdemeanor
or equivalent offense, or of an offense under Section 42.01, Penal Code, or
equivalent offense, or of a felony under an information or indictment.
* Cannot be cannot a fugitive from justice for a felony. Also cannot be a fugitive for a Class A or Class B
misdemeanor or equivalent offense.
* You cannot be chemically dependent.
* Must be able to use good judgement in storing guns.
* In five years preceding the date of application, you cannot have been convicted
of a Class A or Class B misdemeanor or equivalent offense or of an offense.
* You must be qualified to purchase a handgun in the state.
* Do not be delinquent in child support payments or similar.
* No debts with the state comptroller, the tax collector of a political
subdivision of the state, or any agency or subdivision of the state.
* Cannot suffer from a psychiatric disorder or a similar condition described. this includes: is in remission but is reasonably likely to redevelop at a future time: requires continuous medical treatment to avoid redevelopment: has been diagnosed by a licensed physician, determined by a review
board or similar authority, or declared by a court to be incompetent to manage firearms.
* Cannot have entered in a criminal proceeding a plea of not guilty by reason of
In Texas there are some items that constitute evidence that a person has a psychiatric disorder or
condition described by the Texas CHL laws. Be sure to read the application carefully.
These are just a few items that are taken into consideration during your application. Be honest and take great care in filling out your application.
You can read all eligibility requirements here.