Author Archives: admin
Author Archives: admin
Are you looking for the concealed carry Texas application? Whether you are renewing yours or starting a new application for the first time, head to the Texas Department of Public Safety – Regulatory Services Division. There you can apply to receive a license to carry a handgun.
“This online service is provided by Texas.gov, the official website of Texas. The price of this service includes funds that support the ongoing operations and enhancements of Texas.gov, which is provided by a third party in partnership with the State.”
A few things you will need to apply are:
Your driver’s license or ID
All address and employment info
Last 5 years of residential and employment info
Criminal, psychiatric info, etc.
Have an email address
Valid credit card
Click on the link above for more details.
A CHL in Texas will require you to meet certain requirements. Eligibility will be based on your past and many factors.
* Here are some of the top eligibility requirements. There are many more, but here is just a sample.
* You must be a legal resident of this state for the six-month period preceding the date
of application under this subchapter or is otherwise eligible for a license.
* You need to be at least 21 years old.
* No felony on your record.
* Not charged with the commission of a Class A or Class B misdemeanor
or equivalent offense, or of an offense under Section 42.01, Penal Code, or
equivalent offense, or of a felony under an information or indictment.
* Cannot be cannot a fugitive from justice for a felony. Also cannot be a fugitive for a Class A or Class B
misdemeanor or equivalent offense.
* You cannot be chemically dependent.
* Must be able to use good judgement in storing guns.
* In five years preceding the date of application, you cannot have been convicted
of a Class A or Class B misdemeanor or equivalent offense or of an offense.
* You must be qualified to purchase a handgun in the state.
* Do not be delinquent in child support payments or similar.
* No debts with the state comptroller, the tax collector of a political
subdivision of the state, or any agency or subdivision of the state.
* Cannot suffer from a psychiatric disorder or a similar condition described. this includes: is in remission but is reasonably likely to redevelop at a future time: requires continuous medical treatment to avoid redevelopment: has been diagnosed by a licensed physician, determined by a review
board or similar authority, or declared by a court to be incompetent to manage firearms.
* Cannot have entered in a criminal proceeding a plea of not guilty by reason of
In Texas there are some items that constitute evidence that a person has a psychiatric disorder or
condition described by the Texas CHL laws. Be sure to read the application carefully.
These are just a few items that are taken into consideration during your application. Be honest and take great care in filling out your application.
You can read all eligibility requirements here.
Here is a Simple Texas CHL checklist. If you think you’re ready to apply for a license to carry a hand gun in Texas, be sure to have the following information handy. It will make the application process go better.
Have a valid driver’s license available or an identification card.
They will want to know your employment information, address and phone number.
For New Users: At minimum for the last 5 years have your residential information ready, all addresses, etc. Also your employment information is needed for at least the last 5 years.
For New Users: Next have ready your psychiatric treatment information, any drug or alcohol related information and/or any possible criminal history that you may have.
You will need a valid email address.
Make sure you have a good credit card ready. (MasterCard, Discover, Visa or American Express)
Once you apply, the fees are non-refundable no matter the outcome of your application.
For detailed eligibility requirements, please refer to Texas GC §411.172
Or go to this link to apply:
Concealed Handgun Licensing MSC 0245
Regulatory Services Division
Texas Department of Public Safety
Mail including payments:
P.O. Box 15888
Austin, Texas 78761-5888
Mail without payments:
P.O. Box 4087
Austin, Texas 78773-0245